Reiki Benefits Birmingham West Midlands
Client feedback consistently proves that Reiki can have a significant impact on mood enhancement. Suggested reasons for this increased level of happiness include elevated levels of dopamine and endorphins, through to the deep meditative state achieved during a treatment.
The National Institute of Health (NIH) supports meditation as a means for lowering blood pressure, easing symptoms of anxiety and depression and more. Research from fMRI studies shows that meditating causes activity in parts of the brain associated with attention and decreases activity in the amygdala, which is responsible for our flight or fight response.
In a Reiki treatment, the amygdala basically shuts off, ‘turning down’ anxiety in the brain. With each treatment you get better at achieving this state. Reiki treatments delivers the deepest of meditative states to those who are not experts in meditation, so that everyone can enjoy the benefits.
Reiki can specifically be used to target pain and trauma. Reiki can successfully relieve the painful symptoms associated with PTSD, relieve the strenuous elements of pregnancy and help with chronic migraines.
Simply put, Reiki calms our overly stimulated systems and restores the body’s natural balance.
The depths of the benefits of Reiki are still being explored, and this long list will get longer as each year goes by and Reiki becomes ever more popular:
- Promotes total calm and relaxation
- Eliminates fatigue
- Improves sleep
- Alleviates stress (mental and physical)
- Energises, rejuvenates and revitalises
- Increases motivation, diminishes depression, anxiety and fear
- Facilitates freedom from habits, phobias and addictions
Mental benefits of Reiki
- Stimulates left/right brain synchronisation
- Shifts brain waves from beta to lower frequency alpha, theta and even delta
- Creates mental clarity, alertness
- Increases creativity, problem solving
- Heightens visualisation
- Deepens meditation
- Expands awareness
Physical benefits of Reiki
- Decreases the production of cortisol, ACTH, lactic acid and adrenaline
- Increases production of endorphins
- Speeds up rehabilitation and recovery
- Relieves pain (arthritis, migraines, injuries and so on)
- Boosts immune function
- Improves circulation and distribution of oxygen and nutrients
- Reduces blood pressure, pulse, heart rate and oxygen consumption